As I planned last week, I tried to focus my research on papers dealing with seated posture and emotion and I did not find any new paper which linked the both. But I found some very interesting papers dealing with seated posture and how to analyze it.
For example, Andreoni et al. [1] are analyzing the posture of car drivers using the pressure and the ELITE System for 3D kinematic measurement of posture in order to improve the comfort of the driver's seat. The final goal and the sensors are not the same as mine, but this paper give me the idea to extract some posture angle for the machine learning analysis. I think that I will be able to do that using some distance sensors well positioned.
In their paper, Kamiya et al. [2] use a pressure sensor to detect the posture of the person (not a driver), they achieve very good results, but my main interest in this paper was about the data preprocessing. They explain very well how they proceeded and it sounds very good. In particular, they use the total pressure exerted at a reference position to divide all the data and so to take the weight of the person into account.
Tan et al. [3] use the body pressure on driver's seat to know which action the driver is is doing. Turning, accelerating ... This study is quite promising for me because it shows that if my sensors are well positioned and I find the rights features (the features extracted are not described in this paper) I should be able to detect what the driver is doing and so it provides me a way to validate the good position of my sensors. Then I guess that if I am able to monitor what a driver is doing on his seat, it could be possible to detect some movements reflecting his mental state.
The last paper is written by Lee [4], in this paper Lee tries to see how two distinct groups (old and experimented drivers/young and novice drivers) will react when some frustration events occurs while they are driving on a simulator. This study is useful for me because the context of the experiment is quite similar to mine and then it provides some interesting ideas in order to design the user experiment.
References
[1] Method for the analysis of posture and interface pressure of car drivers, G. Andreoni,G. C. Santambrogio, Marco Rabuffetti, A. Pedotti, 2001
[2] Sitting posture analysis by pressure sensors, K. Kamiya, M. Kudo, H. Nonaka, J. Toyama
[3] The chair as a novel haptic user interface, H. Z. Tang, I. Lu, A. Pentland, 1997
[4] Measuring drivers’ frustration in a driving simulator, Y. Lee, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment